Last updated May 18, 2020
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect both "Personal Information" and "Anonymous Information" about our users.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to contact or identify you or individuals about whom you enter information as part of your use of and access to our Site, App or Service, such as first name, last name, email address, the last four digits of your social security number, phone number, street address, e-mail address, date of birth, username and/or e-mail address in combination with a password or security questions and answers, bank or financial account numbers or credit/debit card numbers, even without a security code, access code, or password if the account could be accessed without such information, as well as information that is linked to the forgoing information, such as billing address and zip code.
“Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be used to contact or identify an individual and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Site, App and Service, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
Like most website and mobile app providers, we passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address, browser information, unique device identifier (“UDID”) and/or your mobile operating system. We also collect geolocation data from Users that download and open the App.
a. Voluntarily submitted information
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us during your use of the Site, App and/or Service, including when you request a demo, register for an account, create a rally, special event, giving page or fundraising page (collectively, “Rally(ies)”), invite third-parties to join your Rally), accept an invitation to join a Rally, request assistance through our Help feature, enter information in the App, set up your payments account, make payments, share files, raise funds, subscribe to a calendar, share photos, send messages, or otherwise manage your account and/or membership with us.
b. Information Submitted by Business Administrators
Rallies may be led by organizations or members holding a Rallyhood Premium Account (“Business Administrator(s)”). Business Administrators may upload or otherwise submit Personal Information that you provided to the Business Administrator separate and apart from Rallyhood to the Service. For example, if you are a member of the Business Administrator organization, the Business Administrator will likely have the Personal Information you submitted to it in the course of registering and maintaining your membership, and any other information you may have provided to the organization, and in using our Service may upload that information into the Service in order to invite you to Rallies hosted or offered by the Business Administrator.
c. Information collected via technology
- We may collect information from your use of the Site, App and Service, including your hardware model, browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name. If you are using a mobile device, we may also receive your UDID, or another unique identifier, and mobile operating system. We may correlate this information with other Personal Information we have about you, to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience. We may also use tools such as cookies to gather information as well. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your device while you are viewing the website. We use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser), persistent Cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them) and third party Cookies (which are placed by a website from a domain other than ours) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following web browser help file directions. A “Pixel” is a snippet of code that collects information about a visitor’s behavior on a website, and then sends the information back to the originating platform to be processed and reported.
- Geolocation data: If you access the Site through your web browser or access the Site, Service or App through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “geolocation data” for the purpose of establishing your time zone. We do not continuously monitor or track your location.
- We use third party services, such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console, to track and analyze online behavior data of Users. In particular, we utilize features of Google Analytics called “Remarketing,” “Demographics and Interest Reporting” and “Ad Words.” These services enable us to use Google Analytics’ third-party audience data help inform, optimize, and target Rallyhood ads to you that we think may be of interest to you based your visits to our Site and App. We do this to better understand how you use the Site, App and Service, with a view to offering improvements for all Users, and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly.
- If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please download and install the browser plugin at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Users can also opt out of third party interest based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s deactivation website at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- We use the third-party service, HelpScout, to help us provide you with superior customer service and support as you use the App and Service and the third-party service, Stripe, to process payments by your or your Rally members securely.
2. How We Use Your Information
a. Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following representative purposes:
- Schedule a product demonstration for you
- Make our Service available to you for a product demonstration
- Respond to questions or concerns you submit through our Help feature by email or phone
- Send communications and administrative emails
- Process information provided by you to create an account, a Rally, groups, calendars, message boards
- Post information you provide, including any Personal Information you include in such content, to message boards identified by you
- Use the geolocation of your IP address to correlate the correct time zone for your use of the App and Services. We do not continuously monitor or track your location.
- Process information uploaded by you to our App
- Set up payment accounts via our third-party payment processor, Stripe; however we do not have access to personal information (e.g. account numbers, credit card numbers, etc.) that you share with our third-party payment processor.
- Process payments for fundraiser donations, gifts, or ticket purchases
- Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Site, App and Service
- Send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information from us
- Send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information from Rally Administrators
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and interactions with the Site, App or Service
- Remove content from the Site, App or Service which is in violation of our Terms
- Fraud detection and prevention
b. Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information for the following representative purposes:
- Perform internal operations on the Site, App and Service
- Improve the Site, App and Service and customize the user experience
- Aggregate the information collected via Cookies and Pixels to use in statistical analysis to help us and Rally Administrators to track trends and analyze patterns
3. How We Share and Disclose Information
Rallies may be public or private, at the discretion of the Administrator, as applicable. If the page is designated as private, or “closed,” only participants of the applicable Rally may see the names of the other participants. If the Rally is public and designated as “open,” participant names are visible to anyone. This is to allow the facilitation of the Service and fulfilment of the purpose of the applicable Rally. When you register or participate in a Rally, the Rally Administrator will have access to your name and registration information you provide, as well as any content you contribute to the Rally message board, calendar, or otherwise. Rally Administrators may use that information to (i) add or remove members from the Rally; (ii) notify you that they have discontinued, cancelled or rescheduled the Rally (iii) add or remove administrators; (vi) view and download email list of Rally members summaries; (v) view and download reports for volunteer sign-up and other participation records.
In addition to using the information collected by us for the purposes described above and in Section 2 above, we may also share your information as described below. Please review our sharing policy closely, especially with respect to your Personal Information.
a. Business Administrators
When you use our Services to register for, attend, or otherwise participate in a Rally hosted by a Business Administrator, the Business Administrator will be provided with similar information as if you had registered for, attended, or otherwise participated in the Business Administrator’s Rally through the Business Administrator’s website or brick-and-mortar business. For example, the Business Administrator will receive your name, email address, telephone number, comments and content you submit to the event registration, calendar, message boards or other features, payment status and amounts paid, and any other information or content you contribute to the applicable Rally. Rallyhood will only share the Personal Information and content specified above with the Business Administrator for the purpose of allowing you to use the Services being hosted by, administered and provided by the Business Administrator as part of the Business Administrator’s business offering.
Business Administrators primarily use information provided through the Services to manage and host their Rallies and events. Business Administrators may communicate with you through the Site and Services. Any communication between you and a Business Administrator outside of the Site or Services (e.g. by email, telephone or through the Premium Member website or services) is subject to the Business Administrator’s policies and procedures, including those relating to the storage and management of Personal Information.
Business Administrators cannot use the Services to access information pertaining to users, Rallies, or related information of other Business Administrators, except that Business Administrators with the same corporate ownership may elect to share such information. For example, if you register for two Rallies with Alpha Company and one Rally with Beta Company, Alpha Company cannot see that you have registered, attended or otherwise participated with the Rally hosted by Beta Company, nor can Alpha Company see any member data or content you have created in the Beta Company Rally.
Rallyhood does not own or control Business Administrators. While Rallyhood encourages Business Administrators to comply with data privacy and security requirements, Rallyhood is not responsible for and cannot control a Business Administrator’s failure to comply with applicable data privacy and security laws and regulations. Furthermore, Rallyhood is not responsible in any way for the collection, management, and/or use of your Personal Information collected by Business Administrators from, by or through the Business Administrators’ websites and not stored on our Services.
Any complaints or inquiries regarding the collection, use, storage, or processing of your Personal Information by a Business Administrator outside of the Service, including without limitation in connection with any marketing or promotional communications you receive from a Business Administrator and your ability to correct, update or delete your Personal Information, should be addressed directly to the Business Administrator in question.
b. Service Providers
c. Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
We may disclose information we have collected about you, if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend Rallyhood’s, or a third party's, rights or property.
d. Aggregated Anonymous information
Aggregated Anonymous Information is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other Users (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information with third parties.
e. Business transactions
4. Your Choices
5. Updating Your Personal Information
You may revise your Personal Information by contacting us directly at email@example.com. However, please note that we may be required to maintain certain Personal Information, or to maintain certain Personal Information for a period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud detection or similar purposes. Note that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot compel the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
This Site, App and Service are not directed to or intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send e-mail correspondence to anyone who advises that they are under the age of 13. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a User is under 13 years of age we will take steps to remove that User’s Personal Information from our systems. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete and remove such information from our system.
7. Security and Data Retention
9. California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to that individual, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, California residents can email us at email@example.com, Attn: Rallyhood Data Services.
10. Contact Us
See for yourself how Rallyhood can boost collaboration and drive engagement across your organization.